Students wanting to graduate with a Regular Academic Diploma are required to complete a number of academic courses in each of their four high school years. These may be supplemented by optional courses that will provide them with the necessary academic background for the field of study they wish to pursue.
The following courses are available through the Red River Technical VocationalArea (RRTVA).
• Morden Collegiate: Health Care Aide, Welding Technology & Piping Trades
• Garden Valley Collegiate (Winkler): Automotive Technology, Heavy Duty Equipment Technology
• Northlands Parkway Collegiate (Winkler): Baking & Pastry Arts, Community Health & Child Care, Culinary Arts, Educational Assistant, Hairstyling, Esthetics (Nail Technology & Skin Care Technology), Electrical Technology
• WC Miller (Altona): Culinary Arts, Carpentry
• Morris Collegiate: Auto Body
Credits Offered in Partnership With Red River College:
Courses available may also have credit status with Red River College. An example is the Health Care Aide program where certification (through RRC) and a vocational diploma (through WSD) are offered. For more information please speak to the school counselors.