Information on this page is for employee's of Western School Division.
Thank-you all for what you are doing to support our students, our families and our community!
The world needs some positivity and joy right now. Embrace the opportunity. The work we do during the period of the Class Suspension will make a difference. Always remember, we are, "Rooted in Caring; Committed to Learning". Wishing you and your families all the best in the coming weeks!
The Shared Health online Screening Tool can be accessed here.
School Hours for Staff
For staff that need to access schools and have a fob, schools will be open following hours:
April 6th – April 10th open to staff 7:00 am – 11:00 pm.
Sunday April 12 open to staff 10:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Closed Saturdays and Sundays and Good Friday
The Manitoba School Boards Association has recommended that all play structures be closed until further notice to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Prevention is key
COVID-19 can spread through close contact with an infected person who is coughing or sneezing, as well as from objects contaminated with the virus. Public health officials are also reminding all Manitobans of important prevention measures including:
• Washing hands regularly with warm water and soap for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, and if hands aren’t visibly dirty, an alcohol-based hand cleanser may be used.
• Covering mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing, or coughing/sneezing into sleeve.
• Avoiding close contact (within two meters/six feet) with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing or sneezing.
• Refraining from touching mouth and nose.
• Cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects.
• Staying home when sick.