STATEMENT OF EDUCATIONAL BELIEFS
1. Each learner is a valued individual with unique ways of learning.
2. Each learner needs to be provided with opportunities to develop to their potential.
3. Each learner needs to be included with their peers.
4. Each learner needs to develop the abilities to participate in a diverse democratic society as a caring, responsible, self-confident citizen.
5. Each learner has a right to an education consistent with their needs.
6. Learning is enhanced by the active partnership of the home, school and community.
7. Learning occurs best in a safe nurturing environment based on mutual respect.
8. Learning is a life-long process.
WESTERN SCHOOL DIVISION MISSION STATEMENT
"Developing people who are rooted in caring and committed to learning."